Pedigree Petfoods have been in the animal food manufacturing business since 1957.
They have had to review their recipes and change manufacturing locations as their company reached more pet owners.
This article will show you where pedigree dog food is made and how the manufacturing process works.
So without much being said, Let`s get started.
Where Is Pedigree Dog Food Manufactured?
Pedigree dog food is made in various countries to serve specific markets. Pedigree Petfoods has got factories in England at Melton Mowbray and Birstall, Leeds where they make products targeted at the United Kingdom and European markets. They also have their manufacturing own facilities in the United States and Canada.
Is Pedigree Dog Food Made In The USA?
Pedigree have their own facilities in the United States and Canada. All the products served to the United States and Canadian customers are produced at these facilities.
Most of their ingredients are sourced from many regions all over the world but Pedigree has made it clear that they have manufacturing facilities inside of the USA.
Does Pedigree Dog Food Own Their Manufacturing Plants?
Yes, Pedigree own their manufacturing facilities but I have discovered a statement where one internet user claimed that some of Pedigree products are outsourced to KalKan which is also a Mars Company.
KalKan have a local producer of Pedigree products in Columbus Ohio.
Pedigree Petfoods is also a subsidiary of Mars, Inc so they are basically kind of the same team with KalKan.
How Is Pedigree Dog Food Made
Pedigree dog food includes a good amount of grain and some animal products. The company manufactures dry dog food products and here is a quick summary of their main ingredients:
- Ground Whole Corn- Great source of energy from the large amount of carbohydrates.
- Animal Fat- Another source of energy that is great for a healthy skin and coat.
- Beet Pulp- Mainly added for improving the digestion process.
- Ground Whole Wheat- A great source of energy and fiber.
- Meat And Bone Meal- Essential for maintaining strong teeth and bones.
- Vegetable Oil- Maintains a healthy skin and coat.
- Brewers Rice- A great energy source which improves digestion.
- Corn And Gluten Meal- Essential for repairing tissue and the immune system.
Pedigree dog food is obviously a dry product that contains grain so if your dog enjoys grain-free food you might need to consider some other alternatives available on the marketplace.