This is a list of the most touching rainbow bridge quotes about dogs, cats and pets.
The loss of a pet can be a horrific experience. Our pets are very significant to our lives and the idea of losing them can be terrifying.
Here are some of the best rainbow bridge quotes to help anyone get through the experience of losing a dog, cat or any other pet:
Rainbow Bridge Dog Quotes
1. You have left my life but you will never leave my heart.
2. Your love was unconditional, faithful and above the rest, you bought such joy to my heart. My friend you were the best.
3. You think those dogs will not be in heaven! I tell you they will be there long before any of us. -Robert Louis Stevenson
4. Don’t be sad. I will be waiting at the rainbow.
5. If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers
6. What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us. -Helen Keller
7. Never moan about the paw prints on your floor, smudges on your windows or the dog hair on your clothes. One day you will wish they were still there.
8. Although you had to leave me, I know that you will wait, You’ll hop into my arms to greet me when I come through Heaven’s gate.
9. A good dog never dies. He always stays. He walks beside you on crisp autumn days when frost is on the fields and winter’s drawing near. His head is within our hand in his old way. -Mary Carolyn Davies
10. The question is not, ‘Can they reason?’ nor, ‘Can they talk?’ but, ‘Can they suffer? -Jeremy Bentham
Rainbow Bridge Cat Quotes
11. The sweetest spirit left today. He did not have a lot to say. As usual he was just pure love and was here until he was called home to the Rainbow Bridge.
12. Some angels don’t have wings, sometimes they have whiskers.
13. No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. -Leo Dworken
14. Heaven will not ever Heaven be, unless my cats are there to welcome me.
15. What greater gift than the love of a cat. -Charles Dickens
16. The loss of a cat is immeasurable. But so is the love that is left behind.
17. When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.Khalil Gibran
18. No one can truly understand the bond that we form with the cats we love until they experience the loss of one.
19. To anyone who has ever been owned by a cat, it will come as no surprise that there are all sorts of things about your cat you will never, as long as you live, forget. Not the least of these is your first sight of him or her. -Cleveland Amory
20. If you have a cat, you will most likely outlive it. To get a cat is to open yourself up to profound joy and prospectively, to equally profound sadness.
Rainbow Bridge Pet Quotes
21. So many people say they put their pets ‘down’ when they are really lifting them up. –Kate McGahan
22. The angels came to tell me what I could expect and how to get where I needed to go. I was reassured that I would not have to cross the Bridge alone. There were so many things I did not yet know. I could feel my mental clarity leaving. I fixed my gaze upon her. I watched her as I left. It was like shutting the door of a beloved home for the last time. Like closing up camp for the season. One last look at the ocean before you must leave it behind with hopes of return but with no guarantee. You eventually have to turn away and look the other direction so that you can see where it is you are going. –Kate McGahan
23. Grief is an emotional rollercoaster. You will have your ups and downs and moments of terror and brief moments of peace. You can only go as fast as the ride will take you. Just remember: It will end and you will be okay. -Kate McGahan & Jack McAfghan
24. There is a strange intangible place on the outside edges of the human mind. It hangs there like a constant witness. It judges a person’s every move, every thought and every action. Some people think it is “big brother” or God, but it is just a critical place inside the person’s own mind that judges and condemns. It is the very place where we judge ourselves when we cross Rainbow Bridge into Heaven. -Kate McGahan
25. We need to go first because we cannot live without your love and care. If we lived longer than you, we would not and could not survive. It’s supposed to be this way. We also need to cross the Rainbow Bridge before you do so that we can be on the other side to greet you when you get there. We wait at home for you here and we wait at Home for you there. It’s just the way it is. -Kate McGahan & Jack McAfghan
26. We think that we are living when we walk upon the earth but the very moment we “die” there, we wake up here! This life on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge is the real one. We find that our life on earth was just a dream, a dream designed to lead us further and further into love. True love grows and then cannot be destroyed. It grows and grows until it is stronger than death. -Kate McGahan & Jack McAfghan
27. There are spiritual guardians at all the transitional places in our mysterious multidimensional Universes. The precious sacred souls of animals are created to beautifully traverse these regions when their bodies are no more upon the Earth.Elizabeth S. Eiler
28. For many people, the love or the loss of an animal often becomes a gateway into a deeper spiritual journey. The most pragmatic of men will begin to question the fundamental nature of being when he is visited by an apparition of his deceased cat or dog companion. –Elizabeth Eiler
29. There is a strange intangible place on the outside edges of the human mind. It hangs there like a constant witness. It judges a person’s every move, every thought and every action. Some people think it is “big brother” or God, but it is just a critical place inside the person’s own mind that judges and condemns. It is the very place where we judge ourselves when we cross Rainbow Bridge into Heaven. –Kate McGahan
30. All the love you ever gave is waiting for you there at Rainbow Bridge. –Kate McGahan