Savannah is well-known for its manicured parks with attractive views that are just appealing to the eye. However, despite many people visiting these parks, not all parks in Savannah are pet friendly. This guide gives you a complete list of the best off-leash dog parks for pet owners in Savannah, Georgia.
I am going to be breaking down the pros and cons of each park and also help you to decide if it is good for your dog.
Let’s dive in.
Best Off-Leash Dog Parks in Savannah, GA, Georgia
Savannah only has 3 off-leash dog parks that pet owners can visit with their four-legged friends. Here is a complete list of the off-leash dog parks to consider if you are in Savannah, Georgia:
Herty Pines Dog Park
Herty Pines Dog Park is very popular among pet owners in Savannah. This is a full-fenced park with a lot of water stations, waste stations, shade trees and many other amenities for pet owners and dogs to enjoy while at the park. Herty Pines Dog Park also offers free parking to all visitors.
- It is an off-leash dog park where dogs are free to run around and exercise.
- The park has the the perfect size for dogs to freely move around and play.
- Herty Pines Dog Park has a large common area and a separate section which is usually dedicated for small dogs who are still uncomfortable around large dogs and many people.
- The park has a fenced off ball throwing lane for pet owners to have fun with their dogs.
- There are plenty of water stations for dogs to drink and stay hydrated.
- Herty Pines Dog Park offers free parking to all pet owners.
- There are plenty of waste stations with doggy bags for pet owners to clean up after their dogs.
- The park has a lot of shade trees for pet owners to sit and rest while their dogs enjoy the park.
- Herty Pines Dog Park can get slightly muddy especially after some rain.
|Name:||Herty Pines Dog Park|
|Address:||n, Bee Rd, Savannah, GA 31404, United States|
|Phone Number:||+1 912-351-3841|
Mother Mathilda Beasley Park
Mother Mathilda Beasley Park is a great option for dog owners. The park was named after Mother Beasley is the first African-American nun in the state of Georgia. Mother Mathilda Beasley Park has a lot amenities that can help you to have fun and bond with your dog.
- Dogs can freely run around off-leash.
- The park is fenced and has the perfect size for dogs to run around and play.
- Mother Mathilda Beasley Park has lots of picnic tables for pet owners to sit and rest while their dogs enjoy the park.
- There are plenty of water stations for dogs to drink whenever they are thirsty.
- The park has plenty of waste stations for pet owners to clean up after their dogs.
- Many pet owners have complained about Mother Mathilda Beasley Park having too many bugs and a lot of homeless people who are usually drunk.
|Name:||Mother Mathilda Beasley Park|
|Address:||500 E Broad St, Savannah, GA 31401, United States|
|Phone Number:||+1 912-652-6780|
|Hours:||Monday- Friday: 8am- 5pm|
Saturday- Sunday: Closed
Lake Mayer Community Park
Lake Mayer Community Park has a complicated pet policy because dogs are only allowed in a small exercise area. Dogs are not allowed on the trails and other areas of the park. Lake Mayer Community Park is not really a great option for dogs but it can be a convenient option that is worth considering.
- Lake Mayer Community Park offers convenience to people living closer to the park.
- There are plenty of amenities for pet owners and dogs to enjoy while at the park.
- The park has a dedicated small exercise area for dogs.
- The exercise area that is dedicated to dogs is very small.
- Dogs are not allowed on the trails and other areas of the park.
- The exercise area that is dedicated reserved for dogs is not fully fenced.
|Name:||Lake Mayer Community Park|
|Location:||Lake Mayer Park Administration Office|
|Address:||1850 E Montgomery Cross Rd, Savannah, GA 31406, United States|
|Phone Number:||+1 912-652-6780|
|Hours:||Monday- Sunday: Open 24 Hours|