Lafayette is one place that is blessed with beautiful parks but they are obviously not all friendly for walking a dog off-leash. This guide is a complete list of the best off-leash dog parks in Lafayette, Louisiana. I am going to be breaking down the pros and cons of each park and why you should consider it for your dog.
Let’s get started.
Best Off-Leash Dog Parks In Lafayette
Lafayette currently has 2 off-leash dog parks but there is one that is still under construction and set to open in October 2021. Here is a complete list of the off-leash dog parks that are currently available to pet owners in Lafayette:
Brown Memorial Dog Park
Brown Memorial Dog Park is a neighborhood park in Lafayette, Louisiana. The park is located in the far left corner of the Brown Memorial Park and it is a great place to let your dog run off-leash and burn some calories through exercise. The Brown Memorial Dog Park is definitely a great park for pet owners who are looking for a place to relax and have fun with their dogs.
However, it is not a good idea to have small children at the park due to safety reasons. There is actually a big sign at the front informing all visitors about the many reasons why they should not bring small children to the park.
- It is an off-leash dog park where dogs can freely run around and burn some calories through exercise.
- The park is usually not too crowded.
- There are many water stations for dogs to drink whenever they are thirsty.
- The park has plenty of doggy bags for poop and waste.
- There are plenty of benches for pet owners to sit and rest while their dogs are enjoying the park.
- Brown Memorial Dog Park is conveniently located closer to Interstate 10 (i-10) which makes it a good option for travelers.
- The park is very clean and mostly covered with green grass which gives it a very beautiful view.
- The bag dispenser is usually empty on some days so it is a good idea for pet owners to bring their own bags. However, this is only the case on busy days.
- Some pet owners have complained about the increasing population of non-neutered male dogs which end up causing problems for their female counterparts.
|Name:||Brown Memorial Dog Park|
|Location:||Graham Brown Memorial Park|
|Address:||A, Lafayette, LA 70507, United States|
|Phone Number:||+1 337-291-5560|
Beaullieu Park Dog Park
Beaullieu Park Dog Park is one of the pet friendly parks in Lafayette, Louisiana. Dogs are free to run around the park off-leash and there are many great facilities for our four-legged friends to enjoy. This is definitely a great place for pet owners to have fun with their dogs and also help them to burn some calories through exercise.
- Beaullieu Park Dog Park is an off-leash park where dogs are free to run around without restriction.
- There are plenty of water stations for dogs to stay hydrated while enjoying the park.
- The park has plenty of benches for pet owners to sit while their dogs get to have fun around the park.
- Doggy bags are available for pet owners to clean up.
- Beaullieu Park Dog Park is very clean and well-maintained.
- Many pet owners have complained about the Beaullieu Park Dog Park being muddy especially after a bit of rain.
|Name:||Beaullieu Park Dog Park|
|Address:||411 W Bluebird Dr, Lafayette, LA 70508, United States|
|Phone Number:||+1 337-291-8360|
Tuesday- Open 24 hours
Thursday- Open 24 hours
Friday- Open 24 hours
Moncus Park is located right in the heart of Acadiana in Lafayette, Louisiana. The park is a 100-acre green space with a lot of facilities to enjoy. The Moncus Park is currently under construction but pet owners are welcome to bring their dogs once the park is opened on its scheduled date in October 2021.
Pet owners will have a dedicated off-leash section where their dogs can freely run around and enjoy the park.
|Address:||2913 Johnston St, Lafayette, LA 70503, United States|
|Phone Number:||+1 337-500-1177|