Can French bulldogs eat strawberries?
Well, this article is a complete answer to this question and a detailed guide on the health benefits of the fruit.
Let`s dive in.
Interesting Facts About Strawberries
- The garden strawberry is a hybrid species of the genus Fragaria which is widely cultivated around the world.
- The average strawberry has 200 seeds.
- A strawberry flower has an average of five to seven petals.
- The strawberry fruit is packed with valuable nutrients that have a lot of health benefits for both humans and omnivorous animals like dogs.
Are Strawberries Safe For French Bulldogs?
Yes, French bulldogs can safely eat strawberries without experiencing any negative reaction. The fruit is a great source of nutrients that are very crucial for your Frenchie`s health and fitness.
Strawberries are packed with antioxidants that are believed to lower the risk of cancer and many other nutrients that are essential for body function and growth.
There is nothing wrong with feeding strawberries to your French bulldog as long as the fruit is served in moderate amounts.
However, dog owners should also be aware that other parts of the strawberry fruit or plant are not safe for dogs to eat and ingest.
Can French Bulldogs Eat Strawberry Leaves?
French bulldogs should not strawberry leaves because this part of the fruit is not safe for the fury animal to ingest.
It is very important for Frenchie parents to keep strawberry leaves away from their four-legged children and if they happen to ingest even the smallest amount by mistake, professional medical attention should be immediately consulted.
Can French Bulldogs Be Allergic To Strawberries?
The majority of French bulldogs are not allergic to strawberries, however, it is important to remember that all dogs are unique and just like humans they can be individually allergic to certain foods that are safe for the majority.
That is why it is crucial for dog owners to slowly introduce treats in small quantities so that they can safely observe how their dogs react to the treat.
If you notice any sign of discomfort after your dog eats strawberries you should seek professional medical advise from your vet.
Do French Bulldogs Like Strawberries?
Most dogs tend to enjoy strawberries and I have no doubt that can be the case for your French bulldog.
The sweetness and flavor of strawberries attracts dogs to the fruit and that is the exact reason why dog parents should watch the amount of strawberries they allow their dogs to eat.
How Many Strawberries Can A Frenchie Eat?
Veterinarians and animal nutritionists generally recommend that treats like strawberries should not make up of more than 10% of a dog`s daily food intake.
An average sized French bulldog weighing 25 pounds should eat an approximate of 600-750 calories worth of dog food per day.
This means that the daily treat intake of a French bulldog should average around 60-75 calories.
An average sized strawberry range from 5-10 calories so if we use this as a guideline to determine the exact amount of strawberries that a Frenchie can eat then we can conclude that…
A French bulldog can safely eat about 6 strawberries per day provided that the fruit will be the only treat served on that day.
Health Benefits Of Strawberries To French Bulldogs
Strawberries have a lot of health benefits and nutritional value for omnivorous animal like dogs.
This section covers some of the key benefits of the fruit to your French bulldog:
- Highly Nutritious- Strawberries are a great source of nutrients that are essential for body function and growth.
- Lowers The Risk Of Cancer- Studies have revealed that strawberries are packed with antioxidants that significantly contribute to lowering the risk of life threatening conditions like cancer.
- Improves Digestion- Strawberries are a great source of dietary fiber which is crucial for improving digestion and preventing constipation.
- Improves Vision And Eyesight- The fruit is rich in vitamin C which is very important for improving vision and maintaining eye health.
- Lowers Cholesterol- Strawberries help to lower and regulate cholesterol levels in the body.
Verdict: What Happens If A French Bulldog Eats Strawberries?
Strawberries are not toxic to French bulldogs so you should generally expect them to maintain their normal behavior after ingesting the fruit.
However, dog owners should be aware that strawberry leaves are not safe for their fury friends so they should be completely avoided.
The amount of strawberries that your Frenchie get to eat should also be controlled because consuming a lot of the fruit can cause malnutrition and other health problems.
Can Dogs Eat Strawberries?
Can French Bulldogs Eat Cucumbers?
Can French Bulldogs Eat Eggs?
Can French Bulldogs Eat Watermelon?
Can French Bulldogs Eat Cheese?
Can French Bulldogs Eat Bananas?
Can French Bulldogs Eat Carrots?
Can French Bulldogs Eat Apples?
Can French Bulldogs Swim?
Do French Bulldogs Drool A Lot?
Do French Bulldogs Bark A Lot?