This is a complete guide to answer the question of whether French bulldogs can eat bananas or not.
I am going to be explaining everything about feeding bananas to your Frenchie and also shade more light on the health benefits of the fruit.
Let`s get started.
Interesting Facts About Bananas
- Bananas are elongated edible fruits that are produced by many varieties of large herbaceous flowering plants which belong to the genus Musa family.
- Bananas are naturally slightly radioactive.
- Banana contain a natural chemical called Serotonin which trigger happiness.
- Bananas are packed with a lot of nutrients that have a lot of nutritional value and health benefits for both humans and omnivorous animals like dogs.
Are Bananas Toxic To French Bulldogs?
Bananas are not toxic to French bulldogs and our four-legged friend can safely eat the fruit without experiencing any negative reactions as long as the bananas are served in moderate amounts.
The fruit actually has a lot of health benefits for omnivorous animals like dogs.
Bananas are a rich source of potassium which helps your French bulldog with fluid balance, muscle contractions and transmitting nerve signals.
There is nothing wrong with giving your Frenchie some good banana treats but you should always watch the amount you allow them to eat.
Bananas have a high sugar content which is not good for your Frenchie`s health when consumed in huge amounts.
Most French bulldogs also show symptoms of diarrhea after consuming food with a high sugar content.
Can Frenchies Have Banana Peels?
Banana peels are theoretically safe for dogs to eat since they do not contain any substance that is toxic to the four-legged animal.
However, banana peels are very difficult for dogs to digest and they might cause some serious intestinal problems when consumed in large quantities.
It is much safer to keep banana peels away from dogs especially if you have a small breed like the French bulldog.
Small dog breeds find banana peels to be extremely difficult to digest so avoiding the peels would be a great choice for their health.
Can Bananas Give French Bulldogs Diarrhea?
Yes, Bananas can give your Frenchie some diarrhea especially when consumed in large quantities.
The fruit has a high sugar content which might trigger diarrhea in small dog breeds like the French bulldog.
How Much Bananas Should You Give Your Frenchie?
Animal nutritionists generally recommend that treats like bananas should not make up of more than 10% of a dog`s daily food intake.
The average daily food intake of a regular sized French bulldog weighing 25 pounds should be around 600-750 calories.
This means that an average sized Frenchie should only eat treats equal to an approximate of 60-75 calories per day.
An average sized banana contains about 105 calories so if you choose bananas to be the only treat you will feed your Frenchie for the day then they should only eat a maximum of 3/4 banana per day.
What Do Bananas Do For French Bulldogs?
Bananas have a lot of health benefits and nutritional value for French bulldogs and in this section I am going to be listing some of the key benefits for you:
- High Potassium Content- Bananas are a very rich source of potassium which helps to regulate fluid balance, muscle contractions and nerve transmission.
- Improves Digestion- The fruit is a great source of dietary fiber that is crucial for aiding digestion and preventing constipation.
- Reduces The Risk Of Cancer- Bananas are packed with antioxidants that have been proven through research and studies to be crucial for lowering the risk of cancer.
- Highly Nutritious- The fruit is a great source of valuable nutrients that are very crucial for body function and growth.
- Promotes Heart Health- Potassium is a great mineral for promoting heart health.
Verdict: Can French Bulldogs Safely Eat Bananas?
Yes, French bulldogs can safely eat bananas without experiencing any negative reactions as long a the fruit is served in regulated quantities.
Bananas have a high sugar content which can cause some serious health conditions for your Frenchie when consumed in large amounts.
Consuming a lot of sugar rich foods can also cause diarrhea for many dogs. That is why it is important for dog owners to watch the amount of bananas their dogs eat.
Other parts of the banana fruit like peels should be completely avoided since they are very difficult for dogs to digest.
Can Dogs Eat Bananas?
Can French Bulldogs Eat Cucumbers?
Can French Bulldogs Eat Eggs?
Can French Bulldogs Eat Watermelon?
Can French Bulldogs Eat Strawberries?
Can French Bulldogs Eat Cheese?
Can French Bulldogs Eat Carrots?
Can French Bulldogs Eat Apples?
Can French Bulldogs Swim?
Do French Bulldogs Drool A Lot?
Do French Bulldogs Bark A Lot?